~ Diamonds ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I've been taken advantage of in gs

+2
Miss Designer
MushOwn
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I've been taken advantage of in gs Empty I've been taken advantage of in gs Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:41 pm

MushOwn

MushOwn

I've been taken advantage by an 11 year-old girl.

I don't like to join any contest without returns or lame rewards cause I feel sometimes some (only some) contest creator members just want our stuff for free.

A 11 years-old girl desperately ask me to join her contest, so I did. I've made a hair and I won 1st prize. She is suppose to give me 10,000 gcents by offering something, so I told her to offer on a white block. She says no and wants to offer the 10000 on a tiara I've made.

Here's the problem: She already need to offer me 10000 gcents as my prize, but she offer on the tiara. That means she got both the hair and the tiara for 10000 and thus the 10000 is not my reward anymore, it becomes more like buying stuff. I said no, because if u want the tiara u need to give the gcents for the tiara, not mix it up with the prize (I am 16 and can do math)or give the extra gcents for the tiara.

prize:10000
tiara: not for sale but lets put 5000 for example
total :15000
but she wants to use 10000 for both=10000-5000= only 500
0 left for me

I tell her this is unfair and seems like she is taking advantage of me, if not I want my hair back.

She reply : "no, it's ur fault ,u didnt read the rules,u can't have ur hair back, u only can blame urself.(me)"

I reply back : 'I did read the rules, u(she) say winner have prize of 10000 gcents, but u didnt obey ur own rules, so I can have my hair back then and I don't even want the gcents anymore.' She didnt reply later.

Moral of my story: If you want to join a contest please check carefully what the contest creater is like.

[url=I've been taken advantage of in gs 58508022 ]

Let's compare the girl's to our Miss Designer Very Happy

Both are pros, but the ages are different. In my opinion, the members that are more mature are easier and safer to have things done and they usually kept their words. Very Happy

And by the looks of boutiques, Miss Designer's looks more professional, trust-able (and much more better)

Some pros aren't real pros too, they just created another account to help the 1st account to be pros.So be careful, gals! Anyway, can anyone tell me how to solve this problem? I don't want to fight or argue. Sad

Last edited by xxDoodlebugxx on Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing your BBCode)

2I've been taken advantage of in gs Empty Re: I've been taken advantage of in gs Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:25 pm

Miss Designer

Miss Designer
Admin
Admin

First >> thank you for the compliment Smile

then: I Think you are totally right..

however, you can't get back your hair ..

if I were you I would either send note to gsfashioneditor and tell her everything..

or I would forget about the hair and the prize ..and absolutely not going to give her the other hair ..

these are the best ways... I think..

And if you want we can help you by staying away from this girl.

If we can help you with anything else >> don't be shy we are like a small family here Smile

https://diamonds.forumotion.com

3I've been taken advantage of in gs Empty Re: I've been taken advantage of in gs Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:58 pm

MushOwn

MushOwn

I would forget about the hair and the prize ..and absolutely not going to give her the other hair ..

these are the best ways... I think..

Yeah, I have thought of that too...I was mad, but then it's best not to waste time fighting with a little girl... thanks Miss Designer Very Happy Very Happy

4I've been taken advantage of in gs Empty Re: I've been taken advantage of in gs Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:19 am

MoonKnightess

MoonKnightess
Girlsense & Drawing & Cooking & Bookclub Moderator
Girlsense & Drawing & Cooking & Bookclub Moderator

I had something like this happen a while a ago . I entered a Halloween custome contest . So I entered a Queen of eygpt costume . about a month later when Halloween was over and contest still was not on. ( after the girl was like .. oh it will be on soon you just have to wait) I finaly once more ask for my costume back but this time I did tell a little white lie saying I really needed it back cuz I was going to do a btq theme with it ( which I wasnt) and it was my only copy of the outfit ( which it wasnt) . But in the end I did get my costume back . I would do like Miss D said and send a note to GS . She could get your hair back . Anywayz hope it works out and thx for putting this up (:

Last edited by AsteriaFashions on Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing spelling)

5I've been taken advantage of in gs Empty Re: I've been taken advantage of in gs Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:22 am

xxDoodlebugxx

xxDoodlebugxx
Official Competitions & Girlsense & Chat Moderator
Official Competitions & Girlsense & Chat Moderator

I'm really sorry that happened. Sometimes you just want to slap members on GS...

I don't think age matters when it comes to trusting people [I'm 11 and I think I am somewhat mature, if you ask me], and neither does the PRO sticker (like you said, some cheat)... So I usually base my judgement on their design quality :\

Anyway, I hope you end up getting your prize fairly Very Happy

6I've been taken advantage of in gs Empty Re: I've been taken advantage of in gs Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:25 pm

Star

Star
GirlSense Moderator
GirlSense Moderator

That was not very nice of her :/ and I agree with Doodle age doesn't matter with trusting people cause some people are young and mature like me ;). Good luck with getting your hair back <3

7I've been taken advantage of in gs Empty Re: I've been taken advantage of in gs Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:57 am

MasterMidnight

MasterMidnight
Anime Media & Suggestions & Drawing Moderator
Anime Media & Suggestions & Drawing Moderator

Wow...This gives me a little to think about when I run my contest... O_o....
There was this one girl that had a contest, but the prize was 1000 for first place with a no return policy. It was an obvious abominable scam, but people, nonetheless, entered still! For advice, definitely what Miss D said. Smile
On another note, no doubt, Miss D handles stuff very professionally, and would definitely enter any future contests held by her. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum